Frequently Asked Questions about your new JetBlue Card
For your benefit, we have prepared a frequently asked questions list to guide you through the transition process to Banco Popular.
1. What changed when my card was transferred to Banco Popular?
Cards with contactless technology, allows payments by simply bringing the card close to the terminal identified with the contactless symbol.
Interest rates – when acquiring your account, it went through a review process to apply the corresponding Popular rate, in conformity with your credit report as of May 2020. Your outstanding balance as of August 16, 2020, will keep the Santander APR, until it is paid in full. In new transactions, the new rates will apply beginning on August 17, 2020. The letter you received in June details your new terms.
$0 annual fee for additional cards; previously $30.
0% foreign transaction fee; previously 1%.
No fees for using the Mi Banco Alerts service.
More options to make payments, free-of-charge.
50% discount in food and beverage purchases in JetBlue-operated flights.
2. What remains the same?
- The $40 annual fee.
- 2 TrueBlue points per every $1 in JetBlue purchases.
- 1 TrueBlue point per every $1 in all other eligible purchases.
- An annual $50 credit in a JetBlue Vacations package.
- No blackout dates on JetBlue operated flights.
- Points that do not expire.
3. Can this product be changed for another Popular product?
Yes, if your account is current and open, you may change to the product you prefer. Neither introductory offers, welcome bonuses or the 1,000 activation bonus points apply to product changes.
4. Do I need to activate my NEW JetBlue Card(s) issued by Banco Popular?
Yes. In order to use your new card(s), you need to activate them. Simply call the number on the sticker or login to Mi Banco Online, Banco Popular’s e-banking service, and access “My Credit Card Services” section. Refer to Question #17 for more information on Mi Banco Online service.
5. I activated my new Banco Popular card, but it doesn't authorize new transactions, what should I do?
In order to make transactions your account must be current, if you have any derogatory statuses, such as arrays or over limit, you need to bring your account up to date by making any required payments in order to use it. If you need assistance, call the Customer Service Center at
787-758-0505787-758-0505 or toll-free at 1-800-981-95051-800-981-9505.
6. Where can I make my payments?
Now you have more options to make your payments free of charge:
- Through My Banco Mobile, a Popular e-banking app, available for smartphones and tablets. For more information visit popular.com/en/mi-banco/mobile/
- Through Mi Banco Online, Popular’s e-banking service, available at popular.com/en/mi-banco/online
- By calling Customer Service 24 hours, 7 days a week at 787-758-0505787-758-0505 or 1-800-981-95051-800-981-9505
- At any Banco Popular branch
- By mail, use the pre-addressed envelope included with your statement: PO Box 70100, San Juan, Puerto Rico 00936-8100
7. Will I receive any promotions for activating and using my new card?
Yes, when you activate your Banco Popular JetBlue Card and spend at least $100 on purchases in the first 45 days starting August 17, you will receive a 1,000 TrueBlue points bonus. TrueBlue points will appear as a unique bonus in your TrueBlue account 8 to 10 weeks after you meet the purchase requirement. The account must remain open and current to qualify for the points.
8. Will I continue to receive TrueBlue points?
Yes, you will continue to earn 2 TrueBlue points for every $1 spent on JetBlue eligible purchases with your credit card under the same TrueBlue membership account number. And you will earn 1 TrueBlue point on all other purchases.
9. What will happen with the TrueBlue balance points that I have earned with my current card?
Your TrueBlue points balance will remain under the JetBlue TrueBlue program. Points earned for purchases between the last statement issued by the other institution and the date of the transition to Popular will be transferred to the Trueblue program. After the transition to Popular, at the close of each account statement, points earned for purchases with the Banco Popular JetBlue Card are transferred to the TrueBlue program.
10. Did my account number change?
Yes. Each JetBlue Card issued by Banco Popular under your account will have a unique new account number, different from your current one. If your current account is set up for direct payment, you must update it to your new JetBlue Card issued by Banco Popular number.
11. What happens with my current credit line?
Your credit line will remain the same.
12. Will my Personal Identification Number (PIN#) change?
Yes, you will receive your new Personal Identification Number by mail. You can change the number to one of your choice, if you so wish to do. Your new contactless card from Banco Popular will not require to use of the PIN for purchases. Your new card is secure as it has chip technology for contactless transactions.
13. Will my payment due date change?
Yes, your new payment due date may change. The new payment due date will be on your first account statement issued by Popular. Thereafter, with a few exceptions, will be the same day every month.
14. Will my monthly statement change?
Yes, your statement will have a new format.
15. Will the annual fee be charged the same month as in Banco Santander or will it change?
The annual fee will be charged the same month. Popular will not change this.
16. I have my account registered to make direct payments, is there anything I need to do?
Yes, if your current card was set up for automatic payments such as cellular phone, cable, maintenance or any other bill, you must provide the service provider your new JetBlue Card issued by Banco Popular account number and expiration date.
17. Will I be able to see my account detail Online?
If you are registered in Mi Banco Online, as of August 17, 2020, your account will be listed. You will be able to see your JetBlue Card issued by Banco Popular transactions posted after this date. If you're not registered, visit
www.popular.com/en/mi-banco/online/ and follow the instructions on how to register.
18. What transactions can I make Online?
You can manage your account through Mi Banco Online: verify your balances and transactions, activate and receive e-bills, payments, report lost or stolen cards, activate new cards, request personal identification number (PIN), request replacement, among others. You can also sign up to receive alerts via text message for purchase transactions, a free service from Popular.
19. Can I make my payments Online?
If you are already registered in Mi Banco Online or Mi Banco Mobile, to make payments online simply register your new JetBlue Card issued by Banco Popular account number in the section of "Payments / Add Payees". There are no fees assessed for making payments through Mi Banco Online or Mi Banco Mobile. If you use another financial institution to make payments to your JetBlue Card, you must provide the financial institution you use, your new JetBlue Card issued by Banco Popular account number.
20. Is there anything I need to do to receive electronic statements?
To receive electronic statements at Banco Popular, you must activate the service in Mi Banco Online in the e-Bills + e-Statements History section. The first monthly statement will be received electronically and by regular mail, thereafter only electronically.
21. I am subscribed to alerts service, will this be available?
Yes. In Banco Popular we have available Mi Banco Alerts service; you must request the activation in Mi Banco Online. This service is free of charge.
22. This account is managed by a legal tutor, can it continue?
Yes. However, the authorization must be re-established by visiting a Banco Popular branch and presenting the required legal documents.
23. If I report my card lost or stolen, can the co-applicant and/or authorized users continue to use their cards?
Yes. Each card has a unique number, so you can continue to use the other cards. Only the card reported lost will be replaced.
24. I called to cancel the account and I still received a new card, why?
You may destroy the card(s) mailed. If your account has outstanding balance, you need to continue making your payments payable to Banco Popular with the new account number.
If you need additional information, call us at
787-758-0505787-758-0505 or toll-free 1-800-981-95051-800-981-9505.
TrueBlue® is a frequent flyer program offered by JetBlue Airways Corporation and is not a product or program of Banco Popular. JetBlue is solely responsible for establishing the terms and conditions of your participation and points accumulation, retention, and redemption in the Program. The Terms and conditions of the Program are published by JetBlue at jetblue.com and JetBlue reserves the right to change or cancel the Program and its rules at any time with or without prior notice. JetBlue and TrueBlue are trademarks of JetBlue Airways Corporation.
Need more help?
We are receiving an extraordinary volume of calls, which is affecting our waiting times. We appreciate your understanding and your trust in us.
Call us at
787.724.3659787.724.3659 or Access Mi Banco Online (desktop version), log in by entering your username and password, and in the upper part of the website click on “Contact Us”. From there, write your message, and we will gladly assist you.
We encourage you to consult the following information regarding useful and accessible solutions for you.
- Access our tutorials to perform the following transactions:
- There are more than 600 ATMs where you can pay your bills, deposit and withdraw money. To find the nearest ATM, click here.
FDIC Member. Products and services offered by Banco Popular de Puerto Rico.
1Withdrawals are subject to the availability of funds in your account.
2Deposits are subject to the provisions of the Bank’s Funds Availability Policy. Easy Deposit Mobile is a free service and only for Banco Popular customers with individual deposit accounts and/or commercial accounts (FlexiCuenta de Negocios® & B-Smart®). Customers selected in accordance with the Bank’s eligibility criteria. Checks deposited before 6:00 p.m. of a business day will be processed the same business day, subject to verification and deposit validation. In the back of the check to be deposited, enter your signature, account number and the phrase “For Deposit Only at BPPR.”
3Insurance is underwritten by Chubb Insurance Company of Puerto Rico. Insurance products are offered by Popular Insurance LLC, a subsidiary of Popular, Inc. and an affiliate of Banco Popular. Popular Insurance LLC is duly authorized by the Office of the Insurance Commissioner of Puerto Rico to offer and transact insurance products and has been appointed by Chubb Insurance Company as its Authorized Representative. Popular, Inc. and Banco Popular de Puerto Rico do not offer, underwrite or issue insurance products. Chubb and Popular Insurance LLC, Popular Inc. or Banco Popular de Puerto Rico are not affiliates. Obtaining this insurance is optional and it may be canceled at any time. Banco Popular de Puerto Rico will not condition the credit decision upon the purchase of this insurance or your agreement not to obtain such insurance from an unaffiliated entity. Insurance products are not insured by the FDIC, or other government agencies; are not deposits or obligations of, nor are guaranteed by Banco Popular de Puerto Rico its subsidiaries and/or affiliates. Certain limitations, exclusions and conditions apply. For more information, refer to the Certificate of Insurance.