When I was a resident of Puerto Rico, I opened an IRA account. Now I am a resident of the United States and I received a disbursement from my IRA in Puerto Rico. Do I have to pay taxes on this income in Puerto Rico?

If you receive income from IRA accounts opened in Puerto Rico, even if you are no longer a resident of Puerto Rico, this income is taxable in Puerto Rico. For the United States, we suggest you consult your tax advisor to evaluate your specific case.  

Need more help?

We are receiving an extraordinary volume of calls, which is affecting our waiting times. We appreciate your understanding and your trust in us.

Call us at 787.724.3659 or Access Mi Banco Online (desktop version), log in by entering your username and password, and in the upper part of the website click on “Contact Us”. From there, write your message, and we will gladly assist you.

We encourage you to consult the following information regarding useful and accessible solutions for you.