My IRA account gained income tax-exempt interests. Do I have to report the disbursements of my IRA account in my income tax return?

Yes. From the amount you received or was disbursed, the portion corresponding to principal must be included as ordinary income. However, the portion corresponding to income tax-exempt interests are excluded from your income tax return, and therefore, you do not have to report it.  

Need more help?

We are receiving an extraordinary volume of calls, which is affecting our waiting times. We appreciate your understanding and your trust in us.

Call us at 787.724.3659 or Access Mi Banco Online (desktop version), log in by entering your username and password, and in the upper part of the website click on “Contact Us”. From there, write your message, and we will gladly assist you.

We encourage you to consult the following information regarding useful and accessible solutions for you.