I retired from a company in Puerto Rico and would like to transfer the funds to an IRA. Can I rollover these funds to an IRA account?

Yes. The law allows the rollover of these funds to an IRA account through a rollover directly from the fiduciary who manages the company's retirement plan to the fiduciary who manages the IRA account to which the roll over will be made. The retirement plan with the company must be qualified by the Puerto Rico Treasury Department. You can also receive the disbursement and contribute it to an IRA account within sixty (60) days from receiving said payment or disbursement.  

Need more help?

We are receiving an extraordinary volume of calls, which is affecting our waiting times. We appreciate your understanding and your trust in us.

Call us at 787.724.3659 or Access Mi Banco Online (desktop version), log in by entering your username and password, and in the upper part of the website click on “Contact Us”. From there, write your message, and we will gladly assist you.

We encourage you to consult the following information regarding useful and accessible solutions for you.